It’s common knowledge that fats are bad, carbohydrates are suspicious and proteins are harmless- or at least that’s what we thought .While most proteins are good there is a certain category of protein which harm the body.
You can recognize a good protein by the basic nutrients, by the fatty omega 3 acids and by the big or small quantity of saturated fats. Fatty omega 3 acids are a type of polyunsaturated fats- good fats- which is found in fish meat and has beneficial effects on people with heart problems.
A list of good protein foods
- a cup of white beans contain 0.5 ounces of protein,0.03 ounces of fat and 1 cup of chickpeas contain 0.5 ounces of protein, 0.1 ounces of fats. Beans and vegetables are recommended by doctors. They have a rich protein and fiber content. The mediterranean diet was proven healthy by its high chickpea intake.
- 1 ounce of ham contains 0.3 ounces of protein and 0.4 ounces of fat. The Atkins diet allows the consumption of ham for weight lose, but it’s rich In saturated fats, contains too many preservatives and can impair kidney function.
- 1 ounce of boneless chicken contains 0.3 ounces of protein and 0.08 ounces of fat.
- 1 egg without the yoke contains 0.2 ounces of protein and 0.08 ounces of fat. Eggs are often forbidden because of their high cholesterol content and of the risk of inducing heart attacks. Happily if you remove the yoke they’re no longer a threat.
- 1 ounce of mutton contains 0.2 ounces of protein and 0.2 ounces of fat
- 1 ounce of pork contain 0.2 ounces of protein and 0.1 ounces of fat.
- 1 ounce of red meat contains 0.2 ounces of protein and 0.1 ounces of fat
- 1 piece of skimmed cheese contains 0.2 ounces of protein and 0.2 ounces of fat
- 1 cup of almond contain 0.2 ounces of protein and 0.4 ounces of fats
- 1 ounce of salmon contains 0.2 ounces of protein and 0.1 ounces of fat
Bad protein food:
- cheddar cheese
You should also check out: