Modern processing procedures eliminate fibers, which induce (negative) changes in food and in the way the body processes it. The main idea of the South Beach diet is to eat good carbohydrates and eliminate bad carbohydrates.
- Beef: low fat pieces such as muscle and file
- Poultry (without skin): turkey ham (no more than 2 slices per day); chicken and turkey breast.
- Fish, sea food: all types of fish and sea food.
- Pork: boiled ham, low fat ribs, muscle, low fat canned meat.
- Calf: chop and muscles.
- Cheese (diet or low fat): weak cow cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, cedar cheese, feta cheese.
- Nuts: peanut butter (one teaspoon/day); peanuts (max 20/day); Pecan nuts (max 15/half a day); pistachio (max 30/day).
- Eggs: whole eggs are off limits unless your doctor says otherwise. You can eat an unlimited amount of whites.
- Tofu (soy cheese): soft with low fat content.
- Legumes and greens: artichokes, asparagus, beans (white, red or spotted, chickpeas, lintels, soy); green beans, peas, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, eggplants, green salad (all types); mushrooms(all types); Chinese beans; spinach; turnips; chestnuts; pumpkins.
- Fats: olive oil, canola oil.
- Spices and sauces: any type of sugarless spices, flavors (almonds, vanilla, etc.), horseradish sauce, pepper (black, red, white and Cayenne).
- Sweets (max 75 calories/day): bonbons with sweetener, sugarless chocolate, cookie coco powder; sugarless gelatin; sugarless gum; sweetener.
- Beef: breast, liver, other fat pieces.
- Poultry: chicken (wings and drums), duck, goose, semi prepared foods.
- Pork: ham.
- Calf: breast.
- Cheese: with whole fat content.
- Legumes: beets, carrots, corn, white potatoes, tomatoes (max 1/day), sweet potatoes.
- Fruit: avoid all fruits in phase one.
- Flour products: avoid all of them in phase one.
- Dairy products: avoid all dairy products.
- Other: any type of alcohol, including beer and wine.
For more informatio check out The South Beach Diet Plan: lose weight in a healthy way