My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like – just don’t swallow it.~Harry Secombe
Having a healthy eating plan to follow is a must if you want to be healthy nowadays. We are flooded with foods and options to stuff our faces at each corner. Navigating the treacherous isles of a supermarket isn’t easy at all. But a good map, provided by a healthy eating plan will come in handy.
It’s not about having a really complicated healthy eating plan. A thousand point checklist is harder to follow than a 3 point checklist. There are plenty of healthy eating plans available, but most of them are too darn complicated. That is why I have created the simplest healthy eating plan ever. It is a 3 point action plan.
1) Eat mainly foods that don’t require a label. A tomato is a tomato, and it doesn’t need a label. You know what a tomato is. You also know that it is a lot healthier than anything that comes in a package and contains a list of ingredients (some of them really cryptic). You get a wealth of vital nutrients from fruits and vegetables. All you have to do is eat them.
Even if the fruits and vegetables have been treated with all sorts of chemicals, they still contain a lot less chemicals than packaged food does. I just can’t trust any food that lasts for years, with the exception of honey.
Buy your own meat and cook it. Cooking can be a pleasure and an adventure also. Learn to make low calories low fat dishes that you enjoy eating. You could also get the whole family involved with cooking, spending some quality family time.
2) Don’t eat any junk food or fast food. All the food you can eat at any fast food restaurant is unhealthy. Healthy food and fast food is an oxymoron, the just don’t mix together. If you have to eat something while out in town, go to a traditional restaurant. If you can find a restaurant with an open kitchen, even better. Then you can see exactly what ingredients they use to make your food. The general rule is the more expensive the restaurant the more healthy the food is.
Another tip when eating out: ask the waiter or the staff form the restaurant what light healthy food they have on the menu. Usually they will recommend something healthy that is also delicious. If they go for the most expensive item, ask someone else, that person just wants to scam you.
You can also pack your own healthy snacks from home. There is no rule that says that you can’t take food with you and eat it in case you get hungry. You will get to eat only healthy food and save some money too. A sweet deal won’t you say.
3) When you badly crave an unhealthy food, eat just a small portion. You are human, and temptation is bound to appear in your life. If you crave a certain food, don’t torture yourself for too long. If you can’t shake off the craving, fulfill it. Eat a small amount of the desired food. Take small bites and chew the food well. Let the food stay in your mouth for as long as possible, enjoying the flavor and taste.
A craving isn’t about swallowing a food, is all about the way that food tastes and how that taste makes us feel. So prolong the taste by eating really slowly. Also leave half of the craved food uneaten.
By following this 3 step healthy eating plan you are bound to become healthier and lose some weight. I wish you good luck.
- Raw foods and their influence on immunity
- How to eat healthy at work
- Using color therapy for weight loss
- What to Eat Based On Your Sex and Age