Losing weight or getting rid of that excess baggage is tough, and more often than not, slimmers want to get fast results. That is exactly what the Cabbage Soup Diet promises.
The Cabbage Soup Diet is a radical weight loss diet designer around heavy consumption of low-calorie cabbage soup over a one week period. Nutritionists generally consider this as a fad diet, in that it is designed for short term weight loss and requires no long term commitment.
The 7 day Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
The recipe varies slightly, but includes a variety of low-calorie vegetables. Each day of the seven-day program has specific foods that must be eaten. Here is the basic recipe for cabbage soup, and the one week program:
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes bouillon cubes
- seasoning to taste
Spray a large pot with cooking spray and saute all veggies except cabbage and tomatoes. When tender, add the cabbage and pour in 12 cups of water. Toss in the bouillon cubes, mix and season. Cook to desired tenderness and add in tomatoes.
- Eat the cabbage soup with all the fruits you desire, except for bananas.
- Eat any kind of cooked or raw vegetable with the soup. Try to pile up on green, leafy vegetables while avoiding dry peas, beans and corn.
- Incorporate the essentials found in the 1st and 2nd day.
- Consume up to eight bananas and take as much skimmed milk as you can with your soup.
- Start including six fresh tomatoes and ten to twenty ounces of beef with your cabbage soup. It is recommended that a minimum of 6 glasses of water be consumed as well, to remove the uric acid that has accumulated in the body.
- Together with the soup, eat as much beef and vegetables as you like.
- Eat brown rice with your vegetables and cabbage soup.
Keep in mind that the cabbage soup diet is supposed to be used for fast weight loss, in case of emergencies. This is just a 7 day crash diet. It doesn’t offer the necessary nutrients the body requires over a long period of time. This makes long term abuse and use of the cabbage soup diet as a weight loss method highly unhealthy. Just don’t do it.