Recommended daily dose of manganese: 2-5 mg
Manganese food sources
Food is always the best solution, here are the ones that contain the most manganese: unsweetened pineapple juice (one cup contains about 3 mg), green vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, dried vegetables, tea leaves and ginger.
The health benefits of manganese
• It participates in collagen synthesis; the substance is recognized for its ability to regenerate skin. Collagen is a conjunctiva nature material, strong; it helps the formation of various tissues of the body (bones, cartilage). The meeting point between two bones, collagen serves as bushings in joint training, so to prevent arthritis manganese is administered. It contributes to bone strength;
• It participates in the metabolism of carbohydrates, steroids and of several hormones;
• It ensures the balance between certain neurological functions such as memory;
• It increases male reproductive potential;
• It enables the production of breast milk;
• It clears the body of pollutants, thanks to its antioxidant properties
Useful health tips about manganese
• Calcium and phosphorus supplements reduce the effects of manganese;
• Active and passive smokers, large consumers of alcohol, and residents in large cities, where pollution is ubiquitous, have to monitor the intake of manganese.
Find out more health benefits of vitamins and minerals.