Actress Lauren Graham best known for her role in WB Network’s dramedy series Gilmore Girls and as Joan Baxter in the hit movie Evan Almighty is looking darn fantastic with that awesome figure of hers. The 43 year old former equestrienne doesn’t even look her age, and can give younger starlets a run for their money. Here, she spills on her secrets to maintaining that fit physique.
"Consistency is key." She says. "The body does better when your’e consistent with your routine. That’s why crash diets don’t work."
"It’s easy to follow, I don’t feel deprived at all." she shares. "I could still eat my favorites, like pasta and desserts."
During a typical day, Lauren Graham’s diet would consist of:
- Breakfast: Burrito with one Tortilla wrap, 1 slice of low fat cheese and 3 to 4 egg whites
- Mid morning snack: Atkins bar
- Lunch: large mixed green salad with 4 to 6 ounces of lean protein like chicken, turkey or fish
- Afternoon snack: ¾ cup of cottage cheese
- Dinner: 6 to 8 ounces of lean protein like chicken or fish with 1/3 cup brown rice, 1 1/2 cups steamed veggies either asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers with no peas or corn.
Lauren also makes sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and has long since avoided carbonated drinks and caffeine.
Lauren Graham’s exercise routine was developed by Celebrity trainer, Ron Mathews, which focus on working Lauren’s core and stability training. Ron targets a heart rate of 145 beats per minute during Lauren’s workouts for maximum cardio benefits.
"I do a lot of running, walking..Then sports like swimming and volleyball." She says. "I mix up my routine. It helps to do the things you actually enjoy doing."