Multi-awarded actress Kim Basinger does things at her own pace. Her relaxed attitude about growing older has made her a role model for lots of women everywhere. Now at 57 years old, she is the embodiment of ageless beauty.
"As you get older, it takes a lot more work, that’s true. " She says. "You have to pay special attention to what your’e eating, and to how you can stay fit."
Kim Basinger’s diet follows the vegetarian way of eating. This diet is based on consuming plant based foods, excluding all meat forms, even dairy products.
During a typical day, Kim Basinger’s diet plan would consist of :
- Breakfast: whole wheat toast and small bowl of sliced strawberries
- Mid-morning snack: small handful of mixed nuts
- Lunch: Kale sauteed with olive oil and garlic with tofu
- Afternoon snack: slice of whole wheat toast with 1 teaspoon of almond butter
- Dinner: steamed veggies and only drinks water, green tea and the occasional glass of wine.
Kim Basinger’s exercise routine would start by spending some time in the elliptical machine and treadmill as part of her cardio exercise. She does her routines six times a week with one hour spent on every workout.
She also does yoga as well as lunges, bicep curls, crunches and stretches to maintain her flexibility and tone.