Julie Benz, star of Desperate Housewives, is in good hands. Just like costars Eva Longoria and Teri Hatcher, this blue eyed actress sure knows what it takes for keeping that fabulous physique for years. Here, the 5 foot 4 petite beauty shares her insights on what keeps her fit and healthy.
"My job requires me to look good. And I’m doing exactly that, in a healthy way." She says.
- Breakfast: coffee, fiber one cereal, yogurt, egg, veggie burrito plus fruit
- Lunch: tuna fish with brown rice, avocado with a squeeze of lime, cooked broccoli plus water with lemon
- Snacks: fruit plus nut bar of almond and apricot
- Dinner: Persian chicken with salad, a glass of Pinot Grigio
- Dessert: a cup of chocolate chip mint tea.
Aside from diet, Julie couples her eating plan with regular physical activity. Julie Benz’s exercise routine consists of heavy weight lifting.
“There’s this misconception that if you involve lifting heavy weights in your fitness exercise program, you’re going to bulk up. As a woman, I can attest that you don’t bulk up – you actually trim down with this kind of fitness exercise program,” Julie said.
Julie also does Pole dancing, a form of performing art that blends dancing as well as gymnastics and can be used for both aerobic and anaerobic exercises.