If you feel like there’s just no way for you to lose weight fast from home cooked meals, and you’re such a big fan of dining at your favorite restaurants, then this will be a great read for you. There’s no reason to give up eating restaurant food! It’s just a matter of following these quick and easy dining out tips to help you in making the right choices while you eat out.
- Plan the meal out in your head before heading out. Most restaurants have their calorie, fat and nutritional data published on their websites, you can just go online and search for your restaurant.
- Split meals. Some entrees are meant to be shared, because usually restaurant portions are out of control. This way, not only are you saving money, you’re saving yourself from the unwanted calories and fats too.
- Have a doggie bag ready. If the portions are way too big, then this is a great way to keep yourself from the urge of overeating. Keep a reasonably-sized portion on your plate, and put the rest away inside your doggie bag.
- Ask questions when you order. Most servers and waiters are knowledgeable on the menu, and they can be of great help when you’re trying to choose lighter menu selections. Make requests on how you want your food to be served.
- Have all condiments, sauces and dressings on the side, instead of pouring them over your food. Having them on the side makes it easier for you to just dip your fork and control your portions.
- Use the salad plates instead of the traditional dinner plates. The salad plates are smaller, therefore, you can easily fill them up and avoid eating too much.
- Don’t supersize. even though supersizing looks like you’re getting a bargain for your money, you’re not. You’re only adding unwanted calories and fats to your body.
- Chew thoroughly. Eat slowly and chew your food at least 20 times before swallowing. Savor your food’s texture, taste and smell. It takes the stomach at least 20 minutes to register that you’ve eaten enough.
Enjoy! Eating out was meant to be a pleasurable experience, and if you deny yourself of this entirely, it will be harder for you to keep on track and stick to your weight loss goals. Put much though into every bite you’re having, and don’t beat yourself for having enjoyed your night out.