Healthy weight loss is as important for teens as it is for adults. With the health-related risks of teenage obesity increasing to alarming numbers, teens all over the world are encouraged to maintain a healthy weight, but their growing bodies have special nutritional needs that make them vulnerable to the dangers of poorly planned eating plans.
Here are easy to do tips for teens to help in their weight loss success. These are guaranteed effective and approved by pediatricians and registered dieticians all over the globe.
1. Go crazy on the vegetables. You can have as much as you want, they’re good for your body and for your mind as well.
2. Don’t skip meals, especially breakfast.
3. Keep a food diary, and make a list of the things that would keep you preoccupied when you feel like eating but you know you’re not really hungry.
4. Drink plenty of water throughout the day, at least a minimum of 8 eight ounce glasses daily.
5. Cut back on consuming too much sugary foods.
6. Avoid drinking fizzy beverages, they’re full of empty calories.
7. Weigh yourself at least once a week to keep track of your progress.
8. Make exercise fun. Take up a sport you’ve always wanted to try or go rollerblading or bicycling around the neighborhood.
9. Thoroughly stretch before and after working out. This prevents injury to your muscles.
10. Learn to say "no" to second helpings of dessert, or when people offer you food you know will be bad for your diet.
11. Don’t take diet pills or supplements unles you’ve seen a medical professional about it. Diet pills advertise fast weight loss, but they often have numerous side effects.
12. Get support from your family and loved ones. Losing weight doesn’t have to be a battle that you face alone. Anyway, studies have shown that individuals who have weight loss buddies show significant weight loss than individuals who exercise on their own.
13. Reduce stress levels by finding new ways to deal with it. Teens often turn to food for comfort. Listen to your body, and don’t eat out of boredom.
These easy weight loss tips are sure to help teens in losing weight fast in a small but realistic period of time. Remember that losing weight too quickly or in an unhealthy way can do you more harm than good, especially because yours is a growing body that needs all the vitamins, nutrients and minerals it can get.