Also known as folic acid, because it is extracted from plant leaves, spinach in particular, the water-soluble vitamin B group is a veritable source of energy, dynamism. Vitamin B9 loses its properties to heat and alkaline or acidic environments. Just as plants and microorganisms, intestinal bacterial flora of the human body can synthesize vitamin B9 or folic acid.
Recommended daily dose of folic acid: 0.4 mg (400 mcg)
Folic acid food sources
• The needs of our body are fully satisfied by a balanced diet: green vegetables, asparagus, spinach, cabbage, corn, carrots, green beans, apricots, bananas, oranges, peas, tomatoes, wheat, eggs, liver, almonds, milk, fermented cheese.
The folic acid benefits to your health:
• It helps the creation of DNA;
• It acts as a growth factor;
• It is essential in forming red blood cells, thereby preventing anemia;
• It favors emotional balance, reduce pain;
• It increases the production of breast milk;
• It prevents cancer, lung, colon and uterus;
• It protects the body from strokes and cardiovascular diseases;
• It protects babies from birth defects that can affect the brain and spinal cord.
Useful health tips about folic acid
• A supplement of Vitamin B9 is indicated for persons who consume excess alcohol;
• In conjunction with other B vitamins, folic acid strengthens the immune system;
• Vitamin B9 supplements have a beneficial effect for skin discoloration and remove stress and anxiety.
Find out more health benefits of vitamins and minerals.