A detox diet claims to help an individual cleanse the body to rejuvenate their health and aid in achieving fast weight loss. Basically, detoxification dates back to the early times, practiced by many cultures around the globe. With the belief that the body is like a sponge soaking up the impurities of the world as we speak, breathe and interact, detoxification is about cleaning the body from inside out.
It is believed that a detox diet will rid the body of its accumulated wastes and set you on a path to optimal well-being.
Where To Begin?
Detoxification is suggested to be done at least once a month, where one starts by eliminating the bad stuff in the diet: carbonted beverages, alcohol and unhealthy fats. The use of chemical-based products, even make-up, is discouraged.
Benefits of Detoxifying
- Cleans the intestines and stomach of toxic, poisonous buildup.
- Balances the body’s energy flow
- Improves circulation and oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood
- Gives the body’s organs time to rest
- Boosts the body’s energy levels with healthy nutrients
Ways To Detox Your Body
1. Eliminate alcohol, caffeine, refined sugar and saturated fats from the diet.
2. Eat lots of fiber-rich foods, such as organically-grown fresh vegetables and fruits.
3. Cleansing supplements can be taken in, which generally contain vitamins, fiber and other essential nutrients to compliment your detox program.
4. Drinking lots of water is essential, and the minimum is 8 eight ounce glasses per day.
Proponents of detoxification say that the modern times have made it all the more necessary to detox the body. Generally, people who have undergone a detox diet have commented on improved energy levels, clearer complexion, regular bowel movement and have observed fast weight loss.