Recommended daily dose of chromium: 120-200 mcg
Chromium food sources:
It is mainly found in yeast, seafood, meat (especially ham), broccoli, grape juice.
The health benefits of chromium
• It reduces the risk of diabetes, because it intervenes in the transport glucose, in the cells where it is converted into energy;
• It relieves atherosclerosis by increasing "good" cholesterol;
• It reduces blood pressure.
Useful health tips about chromium
• Patients recently diagnosed with type II diabetes may benefit from a supplement of chromium. The diabetes patients that are not addicted to insulin have the same benefits;
• Insidious, chromium deficiency is felt after decades, it occurs most often by the age of 40.
Find out more health benefits of vitamins and minerals.