Cherries and their health benefits

May 9, 2009

Diets & Nutrition

Small, round and juicy, cherries contain 70% water just like us. The rest of 30% is a wonderful cocktail that these fruits offer us for a better health. The main healthy nutrient that we get form cherries is vitamin B, more exactly vitamin B1, B2 and B6. Vitamin B plays a central role when it comes to energizing you. Cherries also contain magnesium. The lack of magnesium makes you feel tired and depressed.

The high percentage of water contained by cherries males it possible to eat as many cherries as you like without getting fat. The down effect is that if you want to keep a diet based on these marvelous fruits you will need huge quantities to get the desired results. For example eating 1 to 2 pounds of cherries daily for two weeks is a great detoxification diet. As a result of the cherry detoxification diet you will feel much more rested and full of energy during the day. The skin will also benefit a lot because it will become smoother and soft.


To improve the skin elasticity create a cherry mask. Mash some cherries and spread the resulting substance on your face. This is an easy and fabulous way to gain more skin elasticity. It is said that the cherry mask applied on the forehead can even cure headaches. It is worth to give it a try and see how it goes. I’ll make a mental note of that one.

Cherries are a sworn enemy of cellulite. Drinking cherry tail tea is recommended as a trusted ally in the war against cellulite. As we are on the subject of cellulite you should also know the food that create cellulite. Being a powerful diuretic cherry tail tea is recommended also in helping cure renal diseases.

You should eat as much fresh cherries as you can. If you have the opportunity go and pick them of the tree and eat them. It is a fun activity to do in a larger group. Cherries are pretty fun fruits to eat and great for your health too.

Find out more about The health benefits of different fruits.

top 2012 diet programs
, , , ,


Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply