Multi-awarded singer-songwriter, producer and actor, Andre Lauren Benjamin, famously known as Andre 3000, is one of the most recognizable faces from the popular hip hop group OutKast. He’s also appeared in movies Families, The Shield, Be Cool, Revolver, Semi-Pro, and Four Brothers. Aside from that, he was recently hailed by PETA as “Vegetarian of the Year”. Here, we will learn more about Andre’s diet and exercise routine.
When Andre was asked what he would do on his last day on earth, he shares:
“go for a great meal-some broccoli probably, because I’m a vegetarian.”
Andre 3000’s diet, as stated earlier is the vegan diet that allows the consumption of any foods as long as it isn’t derived from an animal.
Thus, his diet excludes all meat, dairy, cheeses, eggs, gelatin, and other ingredients that come from animals. This diet actually has a lot of health benefits especially in reducing cholesterol levels in the body.
Andre 3000’s diet includes a lot of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains. An example of his diet plan for a day includes the following:
- Breakfast: ¾ cup whole grain cereal and soy or rice milk with ¾ cup of fruit of your choice or 1 cup of Toasted Apple cinnamon cereal and almond milk (recipes in Thrive) with ½ cup fruit of your choice.
- Lunch: Vega fruit dip (slices of apple, banana, orange) 1/3 serving Natural Vega, 1/3 serving Chocolate Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer, ½ tbsp hemp seeds. Mix Vega and hemp seeds together, dip fruit in and eat.
- Snack: 3 fresh dates with hemp butter or 1 65 gram Rejuvenator Brownie (recipe in Thrive).
- Dinner: 3 cup mixed greens, with ½ cup broccoli, ¼ chick peas, ¼ avocado and ½ tbsp hemp oil mixed with 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or ginger papaya salad dressing, recipe in Thrive).and dulse strips.
- Snack: 1 apple, 1/3 serving of Vega with ½ cup cold water.